Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A brief Introduction....

I'm a NJ-based writer & producer, with my 2nd feature - Detours - ALMOST done with post-production.  I'm very excited to get it finished soon.  But as any indie filmmaker will tell you - you're not done when it's done.  You've just moved on to phase 35.  Or is it 36?

I'll be writing more - much more - about Detours very soon.  But first a little about my first feature - Surviving Family.  It's a romantic drama - with a dose of comedy - about alcoholism, mental illness, suicide, and love.  And garden gnomes.  Not necessarily in that order.

The most amazing thing - for me - about writing & producing a movie that takes on subjects that are often taboo is learning just how many people are directly affected by these issues.  A stunning number of people have told me that it's their story or their family's story or their friend's story.   And that is damn cool.

Click HERE for the Surviving Family website, with links to watch the trailers & rent/buy on Amazon Prime or iTunes.

And here are a few of my favorite images - Billy Magnussen as Alex D'Amico + our poster, featuring photos of Sarah Wilson (left) and Tara Westwood as sisters, plus (left to right) Vinnie Pastore, Billy Magnussen, Bill Sage, Johnny Hopkins, and Phyllis Somerville.
Billy Magnussen in Surviving Family


No comments:

Post a Comment